Monday, December 20, 2010

Ladies and Gentlemen.... Flux!

A while ago, Agent Burgos of the Arizona Avengers sent me a tweet asking me to retweet it. Since Burgos is also the guy who interviewed me for The Weekly Dose on www.comicbooktherapy.com a bit back, I thought nothing of it and retweeded the post. A bit later I went back and clicked the link and read the story. It was about Tracie's Tooth Fairy, a non profit organization that raises awareness and much needed funds for people who require dental work as a result of going through chemotherapy and radiation for cancer treatment. As I too had cancer, I became intrigued in the story. From the best of my knowledge I didn't have any negative effects from my chemo and radiation. The catch is, insurance won't pay for the dental work because the damage to an individual's teeth is a result of a medical procedure.
I read the story and then reread parts. Looked at the photos and saw the beautiful smile Tracie had. I linked to the facebook page for Tracies Tooth Fairy and looked at the photo albums. Then I decided to do something about it. I left a post on her page that said I wanted to make her a character in my comic book, Youth in Asia. I had already begun writing a story involving the character, originally the new heroine was going to be played by Kyle, Nash's girlfriend.
Last Wednesday night, or Thursday morning as it were, the young lady in the article contacted me on facebook. She said that Dan Burgos had got in touch with her about me making her into my new character. She was excited, and asked if I had concept artwork. I immediately began drawing costume pieces for her to pick from. The next morning I emailed the pics to her and she replied with her choice. We have continued to discuss the story ideas and costume color schemes.
The other night I drew up a larger version of the character in order to have a better grasp of the colors to be used. I texted the picture to her and she loved it.
And last night, I wrote a six page origin story for her character in Youth in Asia. I emailed the script to her and am awaiting a reply with her thoughts. I will commence with the page work tonight. It's going to be a great start to a character that will bring a lot of new adventures the Youth in Asia universe.
All because I retweeted.

No comments:

Post a Comment