Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Fuzzyface production notes pt. 17

SO it has come to my Zig pens drying up every last bit of pigment in them in order to put out this book. Knowing they went down for such an amazing graphic novel says something. They appreciate their lives being snuffed for the good of good wholesome family entertainment that no family should ever view as a family.
So I had to venture out to the art supply shop, not Michael's, as they do not have any Zig pens right now. I went to Posner's across the street from the Fine Arts Department at the UofA. They didn't carry Zig pens, but they did have an array of inking supplies that I can variably put to good use. I also found some pretty sweet "sketch cards." They come in 20 packs and are made from Bristol board so you can do small custom pieces for people. I guess I gotta get used to working on fairly small pieces of paper now too. I plan on doing small commissions of pen and ink for like $5 at conventions and then charging like $10 for larger pieces in pencil and charging extra for ink and some color.
Fuzzyface rolls along with these new found supplies. And two more pages were done last night with said supplies. I finally noticed that Fuzzyface while not a classic monster movie in the conventional sense, does share some very important characteristics. For instance, Fuzzyface does not appear until just before halfway through the book. And that is in classic albeit modern horror movie mythos in that a tribute kill happens. And of course it is tribute to the genius that is Tobe Hooper and Texas Chain Saw Massacre.
I am psyching myself up for the possibility of attempting to take Fuzzyface national and beyond. After the first or second self published print run of Fuzzyface, I am planning to submit the graphic novel to some national comic book publishing companies with the clause that it carry the Anti-Hero Brand imprint logo. Image, Dark Horse, Oni, Slave Labor Graphics and others are potential parties, as is Dynamite which is doing some amazing work with licensed properties like Army of Darkness, Jason and Freddy, not to mention Red Sonja, and Garth Ennis' The Boys. So when the book releases and does some great business, as I know it will, this will be a catalyst to being able to get the book pimped and sold around the country. So be sure to show up to Phoenix Cactus ComiCon 2010 to get your first printing original self published print run of Fuzzyface. That way you can tell all your friends you were there when it all went down. That and you can get me to sign it, and if you ask nicely I'll even draw something in it for you. Plus, a few of the contributing pinup artists will be at Phoenix Con too. You can them to scrawl on your copy of Fuzzyface as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment