Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Fuzzyface production rolls on...

So, I've transferred the PDF's into tiffs and just completed 4 straight hours of digital cleanup. Things are moving along pretty nicely. Tomorrow I will commence with the lettering. I figure I should have the book lettered by the end of the weekend. I can letter a regular sized comic in one night if I push myself. And of course each time I letter I get a little bit better and little bit faster. Agnew supervised the entire process, and will continue to do so. I figure he deserves an executive producer credit in the graphic novel. At least something. Two of my friends just sneak peeked the inked pages. They were both stunned and laughing the whole way through. And they can't wait for the finished product. Venus is also very excited to see the book completed. It was a lot of hard work for her. The biggest project that both of us have undertaken to this point. And now that she is a mom, this type of work may not be coming along very often. So I suggest that you snatch up a copy when you see one. Cause it is easily both of our best works in my completely non humble opinion.
While at wings today, I began reading book 1 of 4 of the Eastman & Laird Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series. It's good stuff. And it holds up pretty well. Especially considering that I didn't read it as a kid. The story flows pretty well if a little bit too fast for my liking. But then again it didn't grind to a halt like Alan Moore's stuff. He has a tendency to ramble and use way too many words. Thus is the British scribe way.
Last night I also booked my hotel at the Hyatt for Phoenix Comic Con. I am also going to register as a professional for San Diego Comic Con in the off chance I can get time and money allotted for that trek. It would be awesome. I have a friend who is going to share the hotel with me for Phoenix Con so maybe I could share the room with her for SDCC. Registration for pro's is all the way until May. So I still have a shot. Last year it was only open till January. It would be the very first time I would attend SDCC as a professional. I have heard if you go as a pro, you can get into all kinds of behinds the scenes workshops and tutorials and interviews and stuff. Plus, if I do go it'll be a lot less I have to spend, cause I won't have to pay the membership fee.
I cannot think of anything else to write at this moment. So until next time this will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment