Monday, November 16, 2009

Fuzzyface. a masterpiece of horromedy

So I have foregone working on the interior artwork for Fuzzyface; The Agnew Chainsaw Massacre for a bit. The reason being is that I had yet to plot the second half of the graphic novel. Venus of Necro wrote an amazing tale filled with a lot of laughs and a lot of stuffing flying, so in order to get this done properly I had to stop for a few days and finish the plots. Which for me is essentially doing rough layouts. I consider it plotting in my book, and it's my blog so I'll call it whatever the hell I want.
With the use so far, I had not had any splash pages in the story. But for the last few sit downs, I have figured a few good places for them. The one I did last night looks really good. It's been so hard to make stuffed animal-like characters alive and believable. I am so used to drawing people. However I have been encouraged with the work. And I am having a lot of fun working on this project. I can't wait until it is finished just so I can see it completed and see how much people enjoy it. My friend, Mike even said from the teaser piece of artwork I showed him at Tucson Comic-Con looked like this was going to be the best work I had done yet. It's just such a different story that I feel really free when working on it. I just blaze through pages when I work on them and it feels really organic how I interpret Venus' story.
I have not shown anyone other than Venus the artwork. Not even the page layouts. Cause I want this to be as big of a surprise for people , who are used to my style on Youth in Asia. I look forward to getting the layouts done so I can get back to working on the penciled pages. Look for Fuzzyface in the first quarter of next year. I will be submitting it to all the comic book shops and venues that are currently selling Anti-Hero Brand comics.

2 comments: