Monday, November 23, 2009

Fuzzyface production notes pt. 7

So last Friday I finished (finally) the layouts for Fuzzyface. The book is set to be 53 pages long. I know fucking crazy not only is it an odd number, but it's also a prime number. And don't ask me how I remember that either. But it's going to be 53 pages, all in one graphic novel. And Saturday night I got back to work on the interior artwork for the book. I finished page 18 and then last night I got most of 19 done too. So I am technically 1/3 finished with the interiors. And this book is looking sweet. We're into the meat of the story. Nobody has died, yet. But we are coming close. And it's gonna get messy.
I am having a ball drawing this, and I am super glad I went back and finished the layouts, cause I make a lot more progress, and waste a lot less time when I am doing the finished artwork if I have already done some draftsmanship on the pages where editing and visuals are concerned. I know the readers are going to be very happy with this project. Both visually and story wise. Cause Venus did a fabulous job crafting this tale.
I plan for the book to be in print by the first quarter of 2010. I am looking for some of my artist friends to do some pinups for the book. I would also like to get a write up about it, which would mean I would have to do a prerelease for press and other pros, so I can use their quotes for promos.
Simon Bisley offered to do a pinup of Agnew for me. Maybe I can talk him into doing one so I can use it with the book. I'll get on that today.
So, progress and art are back on track. The book is still looking fabulous and I am still rolling along at a good pace. Fuzzyface means business.

No comments:

Post a Comment