Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Phoenix Con AFTERMATH!




Ah yes, Phoenix ComiCon. Last weekend, Fuzzyface debuted at table T121 in Small Press. Thursday was a load in day and Preview Night. We were open for about 3 hours and had people stopping by to take a look. Actually the first two days including Preview Night were very slow. But towards the end of Friday, I lost my nervousness and began shouting at passers by with slogans like, "Fuzzyface is being called chocolate and peanut butter for your brain." On Sunday while people were waiting in line to see Stan Lee, I kept telling them how, "Fuzzyface is so good, Stan tried to steal the idea from me. I had to arm wrestle him to get it back!" Believe it or not, people stopped by and bought the book based, possibly solely, on the things I was shouting at them. One guy kept walking and was like, "Hey where are you going? Get back over here!"
Over all Fuzzyface was the absolutely clear front runner in sales. I was pretty much only pimping Fuzzyface during Con. And it paid off. We had a return customer from last year. Last time around this guy bought all the Youth in Asia books and a Chainsaw Agnew t-shirt. He walks up on Saturday, wearing the Agnew t-shirt, and says, "What do you have that's new?" He was so excited to see issue 5 of Youth in Asia and Fuzzyface. He began telling his friends all about last year when he bought a "Sketch Cover" variant to issue 4 and had me draw Grrry stomping on an Anime cosplayer.
During my rants and various shoutings at Con goers I had my booth buddies laughing. Practically falling out of their chairs. A few of them even chimed in and added their two cents on Fuzzyface.
Altogether Phoenix ComiCon was amazing and very fruitful.
Now here in Tucson you can pick up copies of Fuzzyface at the following locations (so far):

Charlies Comics
5445 East 22nd Street
Tucson, AZ 85711-5453
(520) 320-0279
www.charliescomics.com

AND

Safehouse E Bar
4024 East Speedway Boulevard
Tucson, AZ 85712-4520
(520) 318-3090
http://www.safehousecoffee.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment