Monday, January 25, 2010

Fuzzyface production notes pt. 14

This is gonna be one of the final production notes for Fuzzyface. I believe I will put all of the production notes in as extras for the graphic novel.
Page 50 was finished on Sunday morning while at work. I am truly happy with the way the final pages are unfolding. The detail is on and I am following and embellishing on the rough layouts that I did. I still need to meet with Venus to talk about final production extras. I also need to meet with Henry Barajas who is set to write the intro for the book.
These final pages are closing out the story and giving a little something more than "just" the Muppets meet Texas Chainsaw Massacre. And while people may not understand the method to my madness, there is only one song in the script. And it's kind of a back ground thing.
The thing people need to remember is that this is a sincere tribute to Jim Henson, who helped make my childhood memorable and a happy thing to remember. His work on projects from The Muppet movies to Muppet Babies, which helped me realize imagination is a powerfully good thing, and one of my all time favorite movies in Return to Oz, starring my favorite actress Fairuza Balk. Return to Oz even inspired me to take about six months to design and then get a tattoo to commemorate my imagination. Henson was light years ahead of his time, and in my very not humble estimation, a freaking God. I do not anoint Godhood to just anyone. I mean not even Stan Lee has achieved Godhood in my book. But that has a lot to do with ego and politics.
The second homage being paid here is to horror master, Tobe Hooper. His vision in TCM has inspired two tattoos and the basis for Fuzzyface as the protagonist. And if you truly wonder if the "heavy" in this book is really a protagonist, then you probably don't know much about the rules of horror movies, and you obviously don't understand the compelling nature of Agnew.
The final homage is to Mary Shelly, the creator of Frankenstein. I will leave it at that, cause I don't want to give away the ending to this book, suffice it to say, it pays tribute to this amazing piece of literature.
I have also solicited reviews for Fuzzyface, from an online cohort, Nilskidoo, who has a blog here http://nilskidoo.blogspot.com/?zx=8a5a502e8319477 as well as the comic book reviewer, Mark Miller on www.aintitcoolnews.com. So keep us in mind as I am also hitting up a local shop owner to review the book, as well as possibly Wita, from the Girls Entertainment Network here http://www.girlsentertainmentnetwork.com/index.php.
I am still awaiting pinups from some area artists, and have simply FOUR pages left for the story. This is John Chihak, counting down to page 54...

No comments:

Post a Comment