Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Shit, I totally forgot to title this page in my Personal Revolution

"Something wicked this way comes," is a famous quote probably from Shakespeare or something. I honestly couldn't tell you for sure. Not without a lifeline, heh. But it speaks volumes of where I am at this moment in my life, and not in a bad way either. So things continue to weeble wobble their way around in my world. The crush does not cease, it only gets stronger. And the art just keeps on a coming out of my pencil. Last night while on the way to the grocery store I had an ingenious idea for a t-shirt design. I know, AGAIN?... So I wrote it on my hand in Sharpie. Bought my ingredients fer life, consisting of a case of Shrimp flavored Ramen noodles, two twelve packs of soda, a squeezable bottle of grape jelly and two bags of Hoodys brand peanuts. I then went back home and wrote yesterday's post and then popped on Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back and crashed out at like 4AMish.
Not to be out done, I woke my happy ass up to the sound of my dogs going bonkers as Julian came home from school. I got up, didn't shower (can't worry about showering all the time when you wanna be a rock star), got dressed and headed out to the coffee house to meet up with a friend whom I was going to Wing Wednesday with. We talked a ton about life and shit, while we waited for the tasty of tasties, Rocco's World Famous Chicken Wings. I dug hanging out with my new friend, Stevie, just talking a about nothing in particular. After filling up on white meat goodness we headed back to the coffee house for some drawing and chat chat chatting. She checked out my Tank Girl trade paperback while I worked to finish up page 44 of Fuzzyface. And accomplishment in that now I only have ten pages of story left to draw.
Afterwards, I talked to Rachel who I had fill out the boothbabe/ girlfriend app a week ago. And then I jammed out the t-shirt design in pencil and inks. Gonna scan it tonight and then color it soon. I have so many designs I have cranked out in the past week or two, that it's ridiculous to think that I'm actually getting any Fuzzyface done at all. But truth be told I think I am balancing it pretty fucking well, all things considered. I usually have super shitty time management skills and it takes me months to get an issue done, let alone 54 pages of story AND fuck all knows how many t-shirt designs and sketches. I've been posting images onto my Deviant Art account too. I posted two shirt graphics and like four or five sketches I did including two commissions for my cousins, Alison and Emily who bought the first volume of Got Crayons? yesterday when they came to hang out with me and Tim at Safehouse.
Yes yes yes, life is working itself. And I think the crush I have knows I have a crush on them. I don't hide shit such as happiness and "like" very well. I wear that shit like a fucking bright shiny toy badge.

2 comments:

  1. Something Wicked This Way Comes is a book by Ray Bradbury. You should check it out, it's pretty awesome (and not just saying that cuz it's Ray Bradbury).

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I know, but first I should probably read the two Bradbury books I already own. I'll get on that as I have been meaning to read more and more.

    ReplyDelete