Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Dethklok Versus The Goon; A Hardcore Review

I am going to remind everyone who reads these reviews that the grading system I use is this: instead of thumbs up or stars, I rate on hardcore moments in pro wrestling history. The more hardcore the event, match, promo or moment the more I liked the book, comic, movie or video game I am reviewing. The less hardcore the moment, the more I disliked it. An example would be anything related to Hulk Hogan would be highly NOT recommended. Onto the review...
I've read thousands of comic books. And I've seen thousands of cartoons. But I've never read anything as insane as this. Murderface is the saviour of some long line of inbred mental midgets, and the worst person to ever walk the earth.
Rock Zo is the only one who can stop him, think the Manchurian Candidate but without the unnecessary political intrigue.
Franky becomes a fish/ beaver who does cocaine. And Dethklok gives a performance in Cleveland, or so they think.
Throughout everything, Dethklok is drawn as Dethklok and the Goon is drawn as the Goon. I only wish it had all been in the style of t the Goon. Although as far as 15 minute long episodes go, this was one of them. And if you're lucky like I am you heard all the voices just as they sound on the show.
I do cocaine.
Hell, I might even share a line with Rock Zo. But he did it all before I got my Vietnamese Acid. And I'm pissed!
I give this book a fair grade in its own right. Although it's hard to grade a story such as this. It truly is a mind fuck, and that's what I'm gonna give it. Mindgames 1996. The first time Mick Foley, as Mankind has gotten a WWF title shot against the Heart Break Kid, Shawn Michaels. This has been said to be one of Mick's favorite matches of his career. And it was as crazy as you might expect with an appearance from the Undertaker and some guys from the locker room. Mick goes berzerk halfway through the match and stabs himself in the knee with a pen, to get the feeling back. And Shawn throws a hissy fit afterwards. It had all the psychology and insanity of a true Mick Foley Classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment