Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Fuzzyface production notes pt. 10

Another day, another bunch of artwork to work on.
Finally I am up to page 30. I did a few panels of it last night while at Safehouse after touching up the finishes to page 29. But tonight I worked on a pinup I got an idea for as I laid down to go to sleep last night. This is the first pinup I have done for the Fuzzyface graphic novel so far. As I have so many other responsibilities for this project, I thought I should wait on doing some. But the bug could not be squashed and I had to crank out the meal worms in my head. It came out like I was envisioning and I feel it should be a piece people are going to like a whole lot. I am also planning on making it a print for sale at the convention too.
On the subject of pinups, I just talked to another old friend of mine who is an artist here in Tucson as well. I asked him about doing a piece for the graphic novel to which he only wanted to know what the book was about and where he could see some references. I directed him to the fan page on facebook, and he said he would get back to me. Others are emailing me and letting me know their pieces are in progress. Erik Arreaga, who is also known as Phour Nyne Guy is doing a piece for the book as well. I met Erik at Phoenix Cactus ComiCon back in January 2008. But in 2009, my booth was right next to his. During the three days of mayhem, he asked me about Agnew, and what his character was. He began sketching out a piece there at his drawing table between commissions for fans. He told me he would send it to me when he finished. And when he did, it looked truly amazing. Erik made Agnew so sinister and dark that it really related back to his original origin I created for him back in 1996. Erik told me I was free to use it anything I wanted as long as I gave him credit for the work. I said no problem and immediately slapped it on the back of issue 5 when it came out, along with his byline and words about Youth in Asia by various creators and reviewers. It looked great, and became the standard back cover for all the reprints of all Youth in Asia issues.
Others contributing pieces for the graphic novel are Mike Moran, who is known around town as ShinMilkman, Juan Heinrich, Test1ne, and hopefully with any amount of luck Simon Bisley and Jimmie Robinson. Venus of Necro is talking to Jimmie about possibly having a piece in the novel, and Simon Bisley expressed love in Agnew and interest in doing a pinup or some kind of artwork for a later volume. In fact a Simon Bisley quote will accompany Agnew into infamy with Fuzzyface. If you've looked around various places on this thing we call the internet than you might already know what I'm talking about.
GOtta get back to work. New ideas, complete with deadlines. Wow I actually feel like a grownup now.

No comments:

Post a Comment