Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Fuzzyface production notes pt. 11

The sag continues in many different ways. I just got another pinup submitted the other day by a good friend of mine, local tattoo artist David Williams. He told me what he had planned but then flipped it and did something else, and it looks FREAKING AMAZING! I seriously want to go back to the shop and make him tattoo this on me. So, now four artists have turned in pinups, with still more to come.
3 more interior pages have been finished and I am done with 33 and onto 34. So many deaths already and there are still a few more to come. Lots to do, and be inspired by this holiday season. I hae to work on XMas Eve and XMas night as well, but I guess someone has to do it, might as well be me, since I know I do a good job and I really care about my guys. It will give an opportunity to do some more work on the book, and on a holiday no less.
I have spoken with a few people at Cactus Con about promotion of Fuzzyface the graphic novel, as well as possibly being in a panel or two. A friend of mine from art school suggested doing a large cardboard cutout stand up of Fuzzyface to help draw attention to our booth at Cactus. We're gonna be in Small Press again this year, and we plan on having a lot of different things for people to buy this time around.
With five pinups, that includes mine, in and 33 full pages done, along with the cover, I am making great time on this project. The past few pages have just seemed to blur by, but they are all looking great visually. The storytelling is flowing and progress is serious in this man's mind. I'm motivated to get this whole project in the can, but I am having a fantastic time while this journey moves towards its destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment